Sign grants are available through the ERRP office. Sign grants are offered to enhance the image of the community as well as the business to which it is associated. Click to download Sign Grants Guidelines
Grants are available for fifty percent of the cost of the sign up to a maximum of $500.
- Signs must comply with the recommendations provided in the guidelines.
- The sign must be the primary business sign.
- Sign can be new or it can replace an existing sign that is not currently in compliance with the established guidelines.
- Signs on or adjacent to buildings in disrepair do not qualify.
- Application must be made for a grant.
- All submissions must be reviewed and approved by the Design Review Board.
The Eagle River Revitalization Program can provide free professional design assistance. This includes recommendations on appropriate facade renovations including paint, color, signs, windows, awnings, masonry and drawings of proposed work.
Other services include recommendations based on budget considerations and building’s historical qualities as well as guidance on how to proceed with the project. One-on-one consultation with a Design Specialist is also available. Contact the Karen Margelofsky at 715-477-0645 for assistance or for additional information. Click here to download Building Improvement Grant Program Guidelines
Small Business Counseling
Free, confidential, one-on-one counseling is available from the Wisconsin Main Street Program. It is available to prospective and existing business owners and covers all aspects of owning or operating a business–from start-up questions to long range planning.
The service is available to businesses that are operating successfully as well as those having difficulty. In fact, the best, most progressive businesses are always looking one or more steps ahead. Just one good idea for a new product or service, one market assessment to help you make a better informed decision, or one new technique for managing your business could make the difference in becoming more profitable.
Why not take a fresh look at your business by utilizing this confidential outside assistance? It is available at no charge and could give your business the boost you are looking for.
A detailed Market Analysis for the Eagle River community was completed by the ERRP Economic Restructuring Committee. The Market Analysis includes:
- Current information on economic and demographic trends;
- An inventory of the businesses in the community;
- Customer lifestyle characteristics;
- Trade area mapping;
- Customer attitude and preference surveys; and
- Extensive analysis of business opportunities for a variety of retail stores and restaurants.
The purpose of the Market Analysis is to develop a market strategy that will result in an improved retail mix, a stronger tax base, increased investor confidence and a stable role for the businesses as major components of the Eagle River economy.
Any business looking for expanded market opportunities, or any new business interested in locating in the area, should take advantage of the information included in the Market Analysis. Executive Summaries and full copies of the Market Analysis are available on CD or in hard copy.
Please contact the ERRP office for more information.